Medicare Wars 2
Pars A & B Stuff You Wish You Knew
Waging war requires organization, attention to details, and unexpected allies. In the case of Pamphlet 2- Stuff You Wish You Knew, the Authors were able to achieve all three. We found an unexpected ally in our dedication to Medicare For All in President Teddy Roosevelt who promoted the idea in the 1912 platform for the Bull Moose Party. He, too, had given up on the regressive Republican Party. There is absolutely no way to organize your Medicare “stuff” unless you pay attention to lots of details. And this pamphlet is full of details.
In “plain English”, here’s a short list of what you get in this second pamphlet:
- You’ll discover Original Medicare is not so “Original” anymore
- You’ll discover Part B Premiums are going up which pits new Medicare enrollees against those lucky already enrolled Medicare enrollees who have the lower premiums
- You’ll discover Original Medicare is really only for the very poor or super rich
- You’ll discover Medigap is really just insurance on insurance
- You’ll discover Medigap requires mental gymnastics to understand terms such as pre-existing conditions, trial period, guaranteed issue, deductibles, lifetime reserve days
- You’ll discover Medigap has its own alphabet soup of choices A…B…C…
- As the years pass Medicare recipients are faced with more and more ‘skin in the game’; in “plain English” that means you pay more money for less. If you’re feeling lucky OR you have a lot of money, you may feel that “Original Medicare” is plenty of coverage. If the odds are against you, you may want to buy that insurance on insurance.
- All this is brought to you by a professional who spent years in the Medicare and Medicaid HMO Industry and her writing partner, a complete novice who’s confused just like you.
- Join us! Learn, Fight and Win.