Simple Grant Funding Research
Grant writing and grant seeking are unique technical skills, often times acquired through formal, informal, and hands-on training. Get Grant Ready: Volume I – Simple Grant Funding Research is a practical, yet comprehensive book assisting grant writers and grant seekers how to find grant funds as well as information for nonprofit organizations, charities, civic groups, public and charter schools, fraternal orders, postsecondary institutions, local governmental entities, as well as public safety and first responders.
This book works to eliminate all the stress and worry that comes with locating grants for organizations. With fewer dollars available for professional development for staff education, many organizations are struggling to train their staff on how to effectively locate grants.
Many organizations are moving away from consultants to in-house grant writing and research. Staff being asked to conduct these new tasks are literally being asked to perform highly technical skills, often times with little or no support. This is especially the case with public safety, law enforcement, and first responders. This is a one-stop shop for new grant writers and organizations desiring to learn where and how to find grant funding relative to your organization’s mission and purpose.
This book is a no-fluff effort to assist new and seasoned grant writers as well as grant seekers not only locate grant funding, but also how to interpret what is found in the funding opportunity announcements in order to provide the appropriate information in grant proposals prior to the grant review process. Competing for grants can only happen if you find the grants. Simple Grant Funding Research, book one of the Get Grant Ready Series, aims to make finding grants actually happen. Buying this book will be more cost-effective than attending a grant writing training for many readers, and will allow organizations regardless of size to learn how to locate grant funds. This book will pay for itself, all you need to do is find and secure your first grant.
Book Contents Includes:
* Over 40 locations (online) to locate private and federal grant funding
* Private, corporate, and federal grant funder resources
* Examples on how to interpret funding opportunity announcements and notices
* Descriptions on how to prepare “reasonable and feasible” program budgets for grant proposals
* How to mine and comprehend private foundation 990 tax returns for key funder information
* Pro and cons of grant funding subscription services versus hard copy books
* Important grant proposal research sites to locate data to assist applicant’s to substantiate need
* And so much more………